Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Promise From God

'I beseech you do not treat God's promises as if they were curiosities for a museum; but use them as everyday sources of comfort. Trust the Lord whenever your time of need comes on.' (C.H. Spurgeon)

I read that in Streams in the Desert this morning, and pondered God's promises for my time of need. I thought about how often He has helped us in the past, and how able He is for today and tomorrow. My Grandma's voice filled my mind.

More times than I can count, my Grandma has reminded me that Philippians 4:19 says, "And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." She has written it to me in letters and in emails, and she's reminded me of it on the telephone. And sure enough, when I turned to Philippians 4:19, there it was written in black and white. God's Word says He'll supply all my need according to His riches by Christ Jesus.

No comments: