Sunday, March 20, 2011

Shall be Mine


"Then those who feared the Lord spoke to one another,
And the Lord listened and heard them;
So a book of remembrance was written before Him
For those who fear the Lord
And who meditate on His name.
'They shall be mine,' says the Lord of hosts,
'On the day that I make them My jewels.
And I will spare them
As a man spares his own son who serves him.
Then you shall again discern
Between the righteous and the wicked,
Between one who serves God
And one who does not serve Him.'"

I often listen in when my children are talking together. They amuse me.
Sometimes I hear something that requires correction,
but quite often I just listen,
and pull out my journal and write what they said down.
I want to remember it -- either for its sweetness, or its funny-ness,
or its insight into their minds, or its childish profundity.
I love to pull out my old journals and laugh over their past antics -- or share them with other people.

This passage is so moving to me. The Lord listens in, too.
And those who fear Him are His special interest.
He has it written in His journal.
And He says, 'That's My girl.' Or, 'That's My boy.'

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Thank you so much for this post. I shared it on facebook, and commented that it is indeed glorious to contemplate--the God of the universe regarding us with such tender affection! But of course, it's true! I so appreciate your writing, your embracing of the gospel, your quoting of Andrew Murray, and more! If I took time to update my blog, I'd want it to encourage others the way yours encourages me.