Tuesday, August 30, 2011

We Need

I was happily listening to my Patsy Cline radio station
on Pandora earlier today
when a song came on that sent me spinning.
Still I am struggling with a chest that wants to collapse,
and breath I can't quite catch.
And I've been crying off and on for hours.
I feel like being sick.

I carried my son inside me when this happened,
and I think put it away from me as much as I could.
I was beginning my childbearing,
and the horror of bearing a child into this cesspit of a world
was too much to think about.
I wanted to give him a better world than this.
A world where mothers don't have to
choose to leave a child behind to die
to save her other starving babies.

How many times do we wonder how bad sin really is? 
Letting sin in let in death.
People ask often how a God of love could...?
Did He?
Or did we?
We let the intruder into our inheritance to rampage through our history.
But He sent His Son,
who became a man,
able to inherit it.
He entered into our death that we might enter into His Life.

"He will swallow up death forever,
and the Lord God will wipe away tears from all faces;
the rebuke of His people He will take away from all the earth;
for the Lord has spoken.

And it will be said in that day:
'Behold, this is our God;
we have waited for Him,
and He will save us.
This is the Lord;
we have waited for Him;
we will be glad and rejoice in His salvation.'"

O Lord, come quickly.
Your kingdom come.
Your will be done on earth, as it is in heaven.
We need a Savior.
All our saviors make it worse.

No comments: