Friday, July 8, 2011

Can He?


My husband  reminded me about Psalm 78 the other day,
and I opened up to it last night.
My eyes fell on verse 19, which among other things says:
"Can God prepare a table in the wilderness?
Behold, He struck the rock,
so that waters gushed out,
and the streams overflowed.
Can He give bread also?
Can He provide meat for His people?"
Can He?

In my Bible, I had written, "He can and He does.
Lord, prepare a table for us in this wilderness."
And do you know what?
We have not gone hungry.
We have seen His hand provide in the wilderness.
And our children have seen it.

Asaph said, "He established a testimony in Jacob...
That they should make them known to their children;
that the generation to come might know them,
the children who would be born,
that they may arise and declare them to their children,
that they may set their hope in God, 
and not forget the works of God."

I love when I come across an old prayer after I have seen Him answer it.
Sometimes I do not even remember praying about it, but He does.
He remembers.
Thank You, Father.

"You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup runs over."
~ Psalm 23

No comments: