Friday, July 1, 2011

His Personal Gift


Yesterday I waited in the waiting room of my doctor's office with my children, and a very friendly boy talked incessantly to my kids. But when his little brother came in, he said, "Get out of here."
He informed my kids that his brother was his roommate, and was annoying.
Silas told me today, "That boy who talked to us was nice."
I said, "Yes, he was very friendly. But he was also very rude to his little brother."
"Why?" he asked.
"Sometimes big brothers can be rude to their little brothers when they are thinking they are more important than their little brothers."
Silas thought about that for a minute, and then said, "Isaiah likes me. He plays Hero Factory with me."

Isaiah was quite upset when he accompanied me to the ultrasound appointment in which my third child was declared to be another girl. He was three or four at the time, and cried and cried, yelling, "No! I already have a sister! I want a brother!" He spent two years praying for a brother, and when our fourth was shown to be a boy, he was overjoyed. He still tells people, "I prayed for two years for a brother." He considers Silas to be his personal gift, I think. And it blesses my heart that Silas knows his brother loves him.

No comments: